1/1 (100.0%) Yes
0/1 (0.0%) No Opinion
0/1 (0.0%) No

Name: Etymidian
Class: Death Knight
Race: Undead
Level: 80
Email: msrubino@gmail.com

Tell us about yourself and say something funny.
I'm a student at UC Santa Cruz, currently working as a lab tech at USC...I'm a pretty hardcore gamer and guitarist, I love metal/metalcore and weirder shit like Radiohead and Dredg, and electronica/experimental stuff (I suggest listening to RATATAT if you don't already). I'm super laid back most of the time and I love leading/assisting in raids. Also I have a chinchilla. Nuff said.

Most of my funny comes out in normal conversations, it isn't really an on-request kind of thing...so instead I'll tell you a fantastic joke. I hope you don't like babies too much or this might get my app declined.
What's the difference between a trunk full of babies and a trunk full of bowling balls? You can't unload a trunk full of bowling balls with a pitchfork.
You thought it was hilarious? You want to hear another? Okay.
How do you get 10 babies into a bucket? Use a blender.
How do you get them out? Tortilla chips!
Okay, I think you get the picture now.

What is your interest in joining Eternity?
I am a casual WoW player (used to be much more serious about it but now I don't have a whole lot to do, so I'm looking for a less serious guild to raid with). I feel like this would be a good guild for me because I have other commitments (I work full time during the summer and have college during the other nine months of the year) and I really only have time for casual raiding, but I'm a very competent and well-geared raider with experience in all of the raids/fights that are currently out.

What prior raiding experience do you have?
I have a little old school raid xp, did some of BC's raids as well (I stopped playing around the time Black Temple came out though), and I've done every raid in WotLK many times. I have raiding xp outside of WoW as well, but the other raiding experiences I've had are very different so they don't really pertain to this question. Probably didn't need to add that last sentence in the first place.

Armory Link: (required)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Etymidian

Raid Availablity: list days and times
Every day except Monday after 7 PM.

Do you know anyone in Eternity? If so, who?
Don't believe I do.

Prior 2 guilds and reasons for leaving.
The Love Boat - IRL friends with the other members, my friend started flaming me (she does this on a regular basis so I don't really enjoy dealing with it) so I put her on /ignore during a raid and got kicked. She wasn't the raid leader so it wasn't really significant to the raid, it was just unnecessary aggravation.

I was in Halcyon Affinity with my IRL friends that formed The Love Boat until the same friend that flamed me ninja'd the HToC Horde Wolf and got the three of us ejected from the guild.

Raid spots are not guaranteed even if you sign up. Are you ok with this?
Yes, but you'll miss me ;-D

Pick a fight and describe your role during it? Impress us by picking the Lich King fight.
Sigh, make me explain LK...

Phase One: Stand behind Lich King, DPS him. Necrotic Plague = give to Shambling Horrors and ghouls by the add tank. Return to LK and DPS him some more.
Transition Phase: GTFO the middle or die. Wait for first Raging Spirit. Don't stand in front of it (tank should have it faced away from entire raid or gg). Balls to the wall DPS (there will be three, one of which won't die at the end of the transition).
Phase Two: Quake, run to the middle or die. Kill last Raging Spirit. DPS LK, stand in middle of platform and wait for Val'kyr to spawn. Use fancy Chains of Ice macro to keep Val'kyr from throwing her target off the edge. DBM says 5 seconds til Defile, spread out and drop it outside of the center circle, then rush back to center. Make sure Val'kyr dies ASAP, keep it chained. Rinse and repeat this business until next transition.
Transition Phase: Same deal as the first one, except there will be four Raging Spirits instead of three. That's it.
Phase Three: Back to the middle, wait for LK to drop a defile using the same technique as before (while killing last Raging Spirit(s) and DPSing LK), tank takes LK to edge of platform, LK spawns a fiesta of ghosts, haul ass to other side of the throne room and DPS LK there. Add tank should pop a CD and soak the exploding spirits away from the raid. Back to the center for defile. Spread out and drop it, back to the edge, more spirits, charge to the other side, etc. Repeat until Lich King hits 10% and wipes the raid. Tirion stops being lazy and breaks Frostmourne. We kill Lich King. Problem solved.

Also, Harvest Soul = LK sucks me into Frostmourne (assuming the healers keep me alive) and I kill the single enemy inside. Then I come back out and resume whatever I was doing before.

What is your Gearscore? Also, tell us about your stat priorities.
Strength.
Strength.
Strength.
Nightmare Tear to help activate meta gem.
More strength.
Also, enchant all my gear with the best enchants available.
Then more strength.

Most wanted upgrade?
Heroic Bryntroll. It is the only upgrade I want.

Do you have any logs?
No.

Have you read and understood the rules?
Yes.

[Back to Index]
142 Unique Guild Members
1565 Characters (alts included)
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Application is the last poster
142 Unique Guild Members
1565 Characters (alts included)