1/2 (50.0%) Yes
0/2 (0.0%) No Opinion
1/2 (50.0%) No

Name: Mongu
Class: Warrior
Race: Orc
Level: 80
Email: mrpuck@optonline.net

Tell us about yourself and say something funny.
Long time WoW player from launch that recently got back into the game. After leaving for a little under 2 years to try my luck with Warhammer Online (I know failed miserably) I decided to come back to WoW and have been enjoying it again ever since. When I came back I recreated on Horde here due to a friends persuasion only to have him quit the game a month later.
Something funny.... umm how about what you guys are thinking as you read this app:

What is your interest in joining Eternity?
Looking for a challenge and it seems I'll find that if I get back into raiding again. I chose to app with Eternity first for a few reasons. You seem like you have a solid core of players that know what they're doing, your raid schedule allows progression but still allows one to keep a personal life, and you posted on the forums saying you were recruiting.

What prior raiding experience do you have?
This is of course where I probably come off light on my app. Since I just picked up WoW again and got back into it more seriously it's been pretty much impossible to get into any WOTLK raids such as ICC , VOA, Ulduar, etc. The ones I have been in with PUGS generally failed miserably. With that said I do have solid raid experience previously. My older experience is from Vanilla, and TBC. Completing MC, BWL, AQ40, NAXX, etc. These were also done on my old Hunter main character which I will be transferring here into a goblin once Cata hits.

Armory Link: (required)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Mongu

Raid Availablity: list days and times
Available Monday -> Friday anytime after 7PM EST until 2AM EST
Weekends I am usually on but don't have scheduled times so to speak.

Do you know anyone in Eternity? If so, who?
No

Prior 2 guilds and reasons for leaving.
Currently in Next Next Finished which is just a group of casual players from work that decided to join one guild.
Previous guild I was in for a long time was Eye Candy on Executus Alliance. I left them more or less when I went to play Warhammer Online. I think many of us got burned out by the raids back then.
When I came back to the game I have logged in to my old server a few times, and chatted with some old friends but most people have moved on and the guild is a shell of it's former self.

Raid spots are not guaranteed even if you sign up. Are you ok with this?
Yes.

Pick a fight and describe your role during it? Impress us by picking the Lich King fight.
Haven't done it, but watched lots of vids.
Lich King:
As MT Phase 1, not much to do but maintain agro. Pickup ghouls while DPS brings them down. As OT, job would be to pick up Shamblings as they spawn and face them away from the raid to prevent shockwave. Possible assistance from a misdirect to get them in position faster. Phase 2 move out to the edge, spread out. Once P2 starts get in before you fall. Stack in the middle to allow time to kill any Val'kyr that pickup a member. Watch for soul reaper, Can use last stand and shield wall, also depending on gear may need a taunt rotation with the OT. Watch for Defile and move the Lich King as needed. After P2, look for raging spirits and have the OT pick them up and face them away from the raid. During P3 continue to watch for Defile and soul reaper, possible tank rotation again on those.
Survive to 10%......

What is your Gearscore? Also, tell us about your stat priorities.
Currently 4762 - All Epic Gemmed, reforged some stats into Mastery.
Stat priorities : Armor > Stamina > Mastery > Parry > Dodge
Hit Cap & Expertise Cap

Most wanted upgrade?
Working on getting a pair of Saronite Swordbreakers and Boots of Kingly Upheaval crafted, hope to have them by the weekend.
Outside of that, I'd really want a new shield such as: Neverending Winter

Do you have any logs?
Next to my fireplace sure.... but somehow I don't think that's what you're referring to.

Have you read and understood the rules?
Yes

he thinks cat gifs are funny...get him in here asap

--
Just thinking that....
On a serious note how do u feel about dps main spec instead of tank?

--
I think I'd be foolish to not consider it. The reality is that most established guilds have their "tank's" already. My fury spec is fun as well and could definitely be my main spec.

Fury Spec I am using:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Mongu&group=1

At this point just trying to improve my gear through Heroic's. I've reforged everything to Hit% at this point to try and get to the 27% magic number floating around.

It's been doing some insane damage although who knows what we end up with on the 7th with Blizz continuing to tinker. If you'd like to talk to me about it further we can chat in game or I can hop on your vent, just let me know.

As for the lolcats, who doesn't love cats?

Quote by azrealls
Just thinking that....
On a serious note how do u feel about dps main spec instead of tank?

just pst an officer in game for an invite, we can use you as dps

--
Quote by azrealls
just pst an officer in game for an invite, we can use you as dps

I see you are replacing my warrior...."friend" ...

--
Warrior friend? You mean your boink-buddy Chris?
Quote by Urliq

ewww
Quote by FearFreak
Quote by Urliq

ewww

^^^

--
no not replacing your "friend"

--
So lost. . .
Why is Murron posting on here.
Quote by Guylebrown
Why is Murron posting on here.

cuz i do what i want?

--
Quote by Guylebrown